Best known for:
David Rowan is editor-in-chief of WIRED magazine’s UK edition.
David Rowan is the editor of WIRED UK and has spent time with the founders of WhatApp, LinkedIn, BuzzFeed and Spotify to name just a few. Rowan has taken 120 flights in the past year speaking on technology, business and innovation themes across the globes.
David Rowan is editor of WIRED magazine's UK edition, which won 2009 Launch of the Year at the British Society of Magazine Editors Awards. His knowledge and understanding of trends in the world of consumer behavior, the digital era, social commerce and media has allowed him to become one of the most sought after corporate speakers on the circuit.
He previously wrote the monthly Digital Life column in GQ magazine; the Tech Traveller column in Condé Nast Traveller, and tech and trend-watching columns for The Times.
Trained at The Times, David edited The Guardian's op-ed, education, analysis and Saturday features sections. In 2006 he was brought in as editor to modernise The Jewish Chronicle.
As editor of WIRED magazine, David travels the world to meet the entrepreneurs and innovators creating the future - from the Silicon Valley founders of Google and WhatsApp to the entrepreneurs building world-changing technology businesses in China. He has taken 110 flights in the past year to understand from the front line how everything from genomics to 3D printing are changing the way businesses and consumers will operate.
David brings extensive experience as a newspaper and magazine editor, and television broadcaster, to communicating complex trends in clear, accessible ways that give audiences that "Aha" moment of understanding.
David’s presentations are fast-paced, energetic, visually stimulating, packed with concrete examples, and infused with wit. Recent audiences include the founders of WhatsApp, Linkedin, Google, Spotify, Twitter and countless others.
Despite a heavy speaking schedule - recent engagements ranged from Brazil to Mumbai - David takes pride in custom-researching every presentation for that particular audience.
He also write extensively for WIRED, and in publications including GQ, The Times, The Guardian, Conde Nast Traveller, and Campaign.
Recent keynote subjects include:
- How your clients can stay ahead of tech disruption
- The future of the customer experience
- What technology means for the future of financial services/travel/retail/the legal sector etc
- Why the Internet of Things is just beginning
- How smart companies innovate in a disrupted world
- Trends in the global digital economy
- How millennials are re-shaping communications (Salesforce telco conference, UK)
- New business models for media businesses
- How to embrace transformation in an accelerating world
- How businesses can optimise for growth in a digital world
- What artificial intelligence means for business
- The internet of things, big data and artificial intelligence: why the rules of business just changed
- The future of retail
- How to create a culture of innovation
Beco Capital, Dubai
David Cameron, Former Prime Minister, G8 Innovation Conference