Best known for:
René is the author of the hugely popular "Corporate Voodoo" and "Spikes", and recently presented the BBC series, "Did They Pay Off Their Mortgage in Two Years?"
René has the experience of serving as a main board director for blue-chip companies, managing massive investments. René is also one of the UK's leading business gurus specialising in leadership and culture, drawing from his own unique experiences at Marks & Spencer, Pepsi, IPC Media and the Inland Revenue. He is author of Corporate Voodoo and Spike with a unique style that is dynamic, assertive, authoritative and interactive, René brings together the gravitas of blue chip business with the theatre of television and radio.
He is not just one of the world’s leading executive coaches, working with some of the Fortune 500’s top CEO’s and their executive teams, but he has also actually been Chairman, CEO and MD of blue chip businesses. He speaks with the authority and confidence of the expert practitioner who has seen and experienced it all before.
René specialises in delivering unforgettable and unmissable performances that show precisely how contemporary inspired leadership can electrify an audience through a powerful and authentic emotional connection. René draws much from his own unique experiences on the boards of some of the biggest international organisations; from Marks and Spencer and Pepsi, to IPC Media and the Inland Revenue.
If you are looking for a clever academic who will read out a well-crafted speech on the theory, concept and abstract of ‘thought leadership’ – then stop here.
Whilst being a much-acclaimed Visiting Professor at the distinguished Cass Business School in London, and lecturing on their MSc in Management, René is no academic. If what you’re after is the most important leadership clarion call to your top people, that will energise them to see the art of the possible and stir the leader inside of each of them – then you must be speaking of René Carayol.
His latest book, SPIKE, is leading the ‘Strengths based Revolution’. SPIKE is not a business self- help book. It is a journey of self-discovery. It will change your views of yourself and as importantly of your teams.
“My experience of working with some of the world’s best leaders of this generation; from Prime Minister David Cameron, Sir Richard Branson, Nelson Mandela, and many others, informs me that none of them are flawless or ‘all-rounders’.
But they all tend to know their 2/3 SPIKES, and have taken the time and focus to fine tune them to near Olympic standards. René will share the magic and simplicity of the compelling SPIKE philosophy. In his world of SPIKE, there are no losers anymore – everyone has something they are great at. The new world order is struggling to deal with constant uncertainty, René provides a compelling approach to the future that is built on ‘managing a little less and leading a little more’. René has built his reputation on getting to know the culture of businesses better than they do themselves, and providing answers and solutions no matter how big or small the problems.
His messages are practical, real life experiences delivered with electrifying effect. He both shakes up and inspires his audiences by showing them not only what lies within their grasp, but how true collaboration makes everyone stronger. With a unique style that is dynamic, assertive, authoritative and interactive, René brings together the gravitas of blue chip business with the theatre of television and radio.
Combining insight and inspirational advice gained from spending time in boardrooms all over the world with a deft humour and charismatic presence learnt the hard way over the last decade in television studios and across the airwaves; René is a renowned business speaker everywhere from the UK and Europe to the US, Africa and Asia Pacific.
From leadership, cultural change and how to survive the recession through to preparing for the recovery and the need for exceptional times demanding exceptional leadership, his explosive and critical messages have seen him establish an unparalleled portfolio of clients from the biggest corporations across the globe.
EXPERTISE & FOCUS: As the business world moves out of a sustained period of austerity, René specialises in helping many Blue Chip businesses chart a path for growth and a culture of enterprise.
René tailors every keynote to fit the actual challenges or opportunities faced by his clients – embracing regional differences and cultural nuances learned from his years of experience working across the globe.
- Manage a little less and Lead a little more: In recent times, a good enough management team, a good enough strategy, and a good enough brand, was good enough. This is no longer the case. The blunt instrument of Management alone just doesn’t cut it anymore. It is the time for Leadership, and Inspired Leadership at that.
- Culture is more Powerful than Strategy: René will share his extensive experience and exposure to some of the worlds’ leading corporate cultures, telling his inspiring stories with his deft sense of humour whilst challenging everyone in the auditorium to think again about culture.
- Collaboration is the New Leadership: “Nothing is best done alone anymore” – no one leader can make all the tough calls on their own anymore. In today’s unforgiving markets, every leader requires the support of a diverse and high performing team. Building a collaborative and collegiate culture demands a new approach to leadership and a change in mindset.
- Gone Digital: René will share his ‘hands on’ experience and exposure of working with a diverse range of organisations that have either stalled on their digitisation strategy, or, are reaping the huge benefits of having taken a ‘Big Bang’ approach.
- We are Stronger Together (Diversity and Inclusion): René tackles the unsaid, the difficult and the downright uncomfortable with optimism and a positive outlook based on his powerful and sometimes crushing experiences. René will challenge, lead and support the audience to authentically embrace difference and benefit from it. This will not be about guilt or blame, but much more focused on the tangible benefits of an inclusive and diverse culture. If you think diversity is not for you, Rene will encourage you to think again.
'Inspirational and enjoyable' - The Prime Minister's Delivery Unit
'Great as always' - PA Consulting
'Very insightful with plenty of good examples' - Barclays Bank
'Your work is full of accurate business insight and really hits the mark' - ASDA
'René brought perspective, content and all the key messages together' - Intel